Since I put up my review policy on the blog I’ve been getting regular contacts suggesting that I review things, but there have also been suggestions that I might do some author interviews or guest posts. Generally I think this is a good idea, so I thought I would come up with some standard questions. Here’s what I came up with.
- How long have you been writing for and what made you start writing?
- Do you write for a living, or do you also do other work?
- How did you get into being a professional writer, and how much effort did it take to be able to write full time?
- Were you always good at telling stories, or has it come to you as an adult?
- Were you good at English in school?
- What do you read for enjoyment?
- What advice would you give someone who wants to be a writer?
- What is the most useful advice you’ve been given?
- What is the strangest advice you’ve been given?
- How do you deal with the stranger reviews?
- Who do you write for?
- What sort of things do you write?
- Do you do much research? If so what is your favourite source?
- What do you have in the drawer? (i.e. what have you written but not yet published)
- Describe your writing process, what, where, when and how please?
- What is your best method or website for promoting your books?
- What question do you wish I’d asked you?
- Where can we read your words?
- Links to blog, website, book sales etc. Maybe some good reviews
If you want to be interviewed then drop me an e-mail with your answers to the questions, feel free to include one or two extra questions that you think I ought to have asked. I may well ask some supplementaries, either to make things clearer or because I find something interesting enough to want to know more.
Once we’ve got an agreed set of answers I’ll post up the interview on the next Friday I have an available slot for a blog post. If you have a preferred date then let me know when you make contact, if I can accommodate it then I will. Note that the posting schedule on Themself is currently Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
As well as answers to the interview questions please include an author photo and one or two book covers. Articles work better when there are pictures!
My email address is james at this domain.